Saturday, September 22, 2007

create...

I was reading a book recently and the author mentioned that God has left creation open for us contribute to it. I started thinking about all the things that we have a part in creating: babies, memories [both good and bad], writiings, art, songs, relationships, literature, houses, awkward situations, encouragement, and so much more. With our lives we are creating.
The question is what am I creating? Am I adding to the beauty and the order of what God created or am I multiplying the brokenness that we, the human race, are naturally bent towards? If I'm honest with myself, I know that I do both.

1 comment:

Jeff Moss said...

God created us in His image, and now He calls us to work for Him in the creative work that He is doing. He is the Creator, and He made us to be little creators who have the privilege of following in His footsteps. He has chosen us to be His assistants, even His "coworkers" (1 Cor. 3:9) in His own work in the world!